Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Playroom Planning


I'm planning to dedicate some space in the house to become Miss A's playroom. I want it to be a safe little area to organize her multitude of toys, and keep her corralled if I need to take my eyes off her for a minute.     

The design that I'm going with is BRIGHT. I love subdued colors for most things, but when it comes to a playroom, I think happy hues are really fun. I love the look of this Dash & Albert striped rug. My other play room essentials include toy storage, a child sized chair, and a play tent that is a perfect little hiding spot. 

And what would a playroom be without toys? I think she will love a pretend kitchen down the line, as well as a rocking horse, and a wall chart to learn about the days of the week. The fabric bunting is a cheerful way to tie all the colors together. 

So what do you think? Are there any other playroom must haves?

4 comments:

  1. Sigh. A pretend kitchen. That's why you have a girl......
    I Kid! But am jealous, as how ADORABLE is that?

    Looks like I'm stuck in the land of trains, trucks, swords and balls. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to babysit a boy whose daddy did all the cooking. He was so horrified when he saw an Easy Bake Oven that was pink. He would tell me that cooking was for boys! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Beautiful playroom! Both of my babies have their "own" chairs and love them! It's so cute to watch them sit in their chairs and watch a movie or fall asleep slumped over in them:) I would definitely NOT do light blue even though it's so pretty. Our chairs look a hot mess with juice stains and all the other "Lord only knows what" stains:)Pretend kitchen is a MUST! Also, maybe a small STEP 2 slide?? My kids love steps and slides and they can roll trucks and balls down them if they don't feel like sliding:) They make some that actually fold up against a wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I did not even think of that with the color. And a slide is a great idea. Thanks, Sarah.

      Delete